Music Monday - War Themes, Appended

We've been listening to a lot of war themes at Revolver Games lately, as evidenced by Dice's extensive look at some of her favourite tracks. It could have something to do with the work we've been doing on our own tactical RPG, Bijoux Red. Whatever the reason, I just had to call some attention to these personal favourites.



Advance Wars: Dual Strike (NDS)
Sasha's Theme
Is this even a war theme? There's a certain 'get-up-and-go' hopefulness that drives this song while still maintaining the charm of Sasha's character. This is the kind of war theme that I love listening to!




Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (NDS)
For Liberty
Another hopeful theme for the troops to rally around. The epic war tunes are great, but I've got a soft spots for the ones that kind of have that 'things are looking up' quality.




Ogre Battle : The March of The Black Queen
Revolt
The theme is called Revolt and, from the sound of things, the revolt is going well. What is that optimistic quality that draws me to these tunes? You really feel successful when you ride out and crush your enemies to a song like this (which helps me plenty, as I'm not all that great at strategy games!).



I'm looking forward to sharing some of our own war themes shortly. The setting may be quite different from these fantasy strategy games, or from the contemporary war setting of the Advance Wars series, but our goal of empowering the player's army with an exciting tune is all the same!

2 comments:

Dice | October 4, 2011 at 12:03 AM

All I can say, is you make me proud by putting "revolt" up on there. What an amazing track, and I think it knows it.

Hearing Sasha's theme opens up so much more I could have put up! In with "war" tunes, I think it's important to have those "hopeful" tunes too.

And I am digging the FE one.

Rene | October 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM

My original intent was to just post a bunch of Advance Wars themes! Sasha's not the only CO with a unique theme in that game! :D

Post a Comment